Wow, we’ve had a busy couple of months!
- Appointed our Lead Instructors for our club programme, meet Aiden and Jay!
- Worked closely with funding leads Penny and Emma including meetings with a lot of focus on coffee, kit and spreadsheets.
- Emailed and/or called all the schools and colleges on the Isle of Wight with 14 to 19 year old students.
- Put up posters across the island to raise awareness of our new activity clubs.
- Shared loads (we really do mean loads!) on social media.
- Organised our ULTIMATE ACTIVE Open Day, which was today!
Open Day – come and try Ultimate Active
Today Adventure Activities Isle of Wight welcomed 27 people to our land and water activity centres at Stoats Farm and Freshwater Bay on the stunning West Wight. Everyone had the chance to try everything… from mountain boarding to bushcraft, archery to arrow tag, megaSUP to kayaking. Oh, and circus skills and plate spinning!
Lunch was a communal event in the mess tent with lots of laughter reflecting the morning’s fun, and everyone’s ‘wrap building’ abilities (which varied hugely!).
By the way…
ULTIMATE ACTIVE is the name we used for the funding application as we wanted a name for our activity club programme. It’s become a ‘working title’ for the Open Day but our next session, Shape It, will be working out what activities are wanted based on today’s experience, how and when they’ll run, and what should we call the clubs.
Definitely a watch this space… and watch this video #mountainboarding #newskills
Sallie Ryan | Creator of Opportunities, Possibilities & Memories, AAUK | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0800 180 4025